1. Your number of social media followers matter. Whilst having 12k Twitter followers might look like the best thing since sliced bread, if they’re not engaging with your brand, they’re pointless.
2. Once you’ve got to page #1 on Google, you may as well go home. Achieving a top SEO ranking might have numerous benefits, but it’s only the first step.
3. TV advertising is dying out. Although we’re guilty ourselves of entertaining this idea, there is little if not no evidence to suggest TV adverts will soon be a thing of the past.
4. What works for your competitors will work for you too. Taking inspiration from others is always a good thing, copying them isn’t.
5. “My website already looks fine, I don’t need to change it.” Your website is your shop window, so keeping it fresh and updated is crucial to engaging your audience.
6. Email marketing is outdated. Did you know that 72% of people actually prefer to receive a promotional message via email than social media?
7. “I should be on as many social media channels as possible”. Even though social media might work wonders for your business, you should take the time to work out which channels are best for you.
8. Content marketing is the best form of marketing. Although curating content undoubtedly has its positives, creating for the sake of creating never worked for anyone.
9. The more you communicate with your audience, the better. In a world of advertising, consumers don’t want to be bombarded with marketing messages all hours of the day. Concentrate on quality instead of quantity.
The world of marketing and design is a tough and often confusing one. Need help working out what’s best for your brand? We’re here to help, email our Managing Director Moray at email@example.com or give us a call in the office on 0161 743 0980, we’d love to chat.